cocojune x Kosterina olive oil & crushed strawberry vinegar cakeSeptember 30, 2022
June’s just the icing on top of the cake ✨ She’s dressed to impress with this fruity & moist olive oil cake and we’re positive she’ll be a crowd pleaser for any occasion!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
For the cake
- ¾ cup Kosterina organic olive oil
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
Crushed strawberry vinegar jam
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup Kosterina crushed strawberry vinegar
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- cocojune vanilla unsweetened
- lemon slices
- mint leaves
- edible flowers
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Grab two mixing bowls, combine the wet ingredients in one and the dry ingredients in the other.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until everything is smoooooth.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pans and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean 🙂
- While the cakes cool, it’s time for the crushed strawberry vinegar jam!
- Over high heat, combine your strawberries and water. Smash the berries with a fork and bring it all to a boil.
- Remove the berry solids, add your Kosterina vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- Let this boil for 5 minutes, reduce the heat and add the maple. Stir this mixture continuously until it coats the back of a spoon. Let it cool before adding it to your cake.
- Once everything has cooled you can ice your cakes with vanilla unsweetened cocojune and top with the crushed strawberry vinegar jam, fresh fruit, flowers, and mint.