Perfect CakeJune 11, 2021
With the holiday mixing and mingling that we are all expecting to do in one way or another, we wanted to make sure that our lovely juners would be able to create delicious and dreamy desserts for the whole fam.
A lot of you asked for more Gluten Free representation, so we’re getting by with a little help from our friend. Bob. Maybe you’ve heard of him 🙂
This semi-homemade chocolate cake relies on two things, a few dollops of dreamy and delicious cocojune yogurt to play double duty as fat and moisture, and a packet of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED- For the Base
- 1 packet of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 eggs or the equivalent of Bob’s Red Mill Vegan Egg Replacer
- 1 cup original coconut cocojune yogurt
- ⅔ cup boiling water (still hot)
- A splash of vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare your cake pans with grease and parchment paper rounds.
- Prepare the vegan egg replacer if you are using it.
- In a large bowl, combine the Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix, “eggs” and yogurt. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the still hot boiled water and continue to stir until the batter is smooth and consistent.
- Divide the batter evenly between your three prepared pans and bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until your cakes pass the toothpick test.