Pretending It’s Summer GaletteMay 14, 2021
There are so many ways to impress your friends. A diet full of unsweetened organic probiotic yogurt is one. A beautiful galette fresh out of the oven (that you only half made) is another. We used a store bought pie crust to make this recipe EASY! And we topped it with June to make it delicious.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 8-inch round of pre-rolled store bought pie crust
- 4 big peaches- cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbs organic unrefined sugar + extra for sprinkling
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (can be left out)
- pinch of salt
- nut milk for brushing
- cocojune for topping
HOW TO MAKE
- Let your store-bought pie crust sit out for 15 minutes so it’s nice and easy to work with.
- In the meantime, wash and slice your peaches and preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine peaches, blackberries, flour, sugar, salt, vanilla, and any spices you’re using. Toss until the fruit is evenly coated.
- Unroll or unfold your pie crust onto a parchment-lined sheet pan. Pour the fruit out into the center, leaving about 2 inches of empty crust all the way around.
- Fold the edges of the Gallet in towards the center to create a rustic border with visible fruit in the center.
- Using a pastry brush or your fingers, brush the folded crust with nut milk and sprinkle with extra sugar before baking.
- Bake for at least 30 minutes or until the fruit in the center is tender, bubbling with juices, and surrounded by golden crust.
- Serve warm with a dollop of deliciously dreamy june on top.