Mac and CheeseSeptember 15, 2021
Some things just go together, like macaroni and cheese or new syllabuses and comfort foods.
This plant-based recipe is an easy one to whip up after class or before a study sesh and it’s the perfect fuel for a busy brain.
Yield – a larger meal portion
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- ½ pound of cooked pasta (we recommend shellbows or radiators)
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- 1 cup of soft baked sweet potato
- 1 4 oz container of pure coconut cocojune
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp + salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ⅛ tsp cayenne or more if you’re brave
HOW TO MAKE
- Remove the soft baked sweet potato from its skin once it’s cool and measure out 1 cup.
- Combine the sweet potato, cocojune yogurt, and seasonings into the work bowl of a blender and combine.
- Taste the mixture for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- In a small pot, combine the pasta sauce, pasta, and a little bit of pasta water as needed over low heat until warmed through. Transfer to a large bowl and enjoy.