Sheet Pan Festival VeggiesJune 24, 2021
The smell of roasted peppers and onions wafting through crisp beach air is absolutely a herald of warmer days to come; especially in NY where june hails from.
This recipe is sort of like if a boardwalk festival was vegan and very very chic. Give it a try at home, all you need is a sheet pan and some good vibes.
Yield – Dinner for 2
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 4 oz container pure coconut cocojune
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped mint
- 1 lemon, ready for squeezing
- 2 cups of sliced peppers – use sweet, spicy or bell
- 1 cup sliced onion – we used sprouting spring onions bulbs
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- olive oil – to be used liberally
- 1 avocado, sliced
HOW TO MAKE
- Prepare your vegetables by slicing them into strips, aiming to make everything as close in size as possible to promote even cooking.
- Toss your sliced vegetables in a bowl with at least two tablespoons of Olive Oil, smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt.
- Transfer the vegetables onto a lined sheet pan and bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees F until tender and starting to brown – at least 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine your pure coconut cocojune with chopped parsley, mint and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Taste it, and add salt to your preference.
- Top your sheet pan veggies with slices of fresh avocado and dollops of herbed cocojune. Serve alongside big bowls of greens or grains for a perfect summer dinner.