V-Day Bon BonsJune 18, 2021
Valentine’s is such a wonderful time, filled with chocolate, romance, chocolate… oh and did we mention there’s chocolate.
June is getting into the spirit by taking a little dip.
This is a make-ahead project so get started on the 13th for a Val Day treat, or get started right now for a tomorrow treat!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 4 oz container of any flavor cocojune yogurt
- 1 cup chocolate pieces, we used Raaka maple sweetened
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- A set of molds to freeze your cocojune in – (silicone molds or silicon bottomed ice cube trays make unmolding a breeze)
- A plate or small pan lined with parchment paper + 2 forks
HOW TO MAKE
- Fill each of your intended mold spaces with cocojune, aim to stretch your yogurt between 6 or more spaces to create delicate treats that eat neatly.
- Set your molds on a flat surface in your freezer. Depending on their size, these will need up to six hours to set. We like to put them in the freezer right before bed, or before a work day and plan to dip them later.
- When your yogurt shapes have solidified, melt 1 cup of chocolate pieces in a bowl.
- Stir your chocolate for a few minutes to help it cool down and add coconut oil to thin the texture a little. When the chocolate feels warm or tepid to the touch, but not hot, you are ready to dip your june cubes.
- Unmold your june cubes and using a pair of forks, quickly dip and coat each one in melted chocolate. Transfer finished bonbons to a tray or plate covered in parchment.
- Once you are finished dipping all of your yogurt candies, set your tray in the fridge. After about 3 hours, the yogurt will return to its soft and creamy consistency inside the shell and you’ll have a yummy treat.