Vegan Strawberry Snack CakeAugust 22, 2023
Our newest june, Strawberry Unsweetened, is the star of the show in this cloud-like snack cake ☁️🍓 We teamed up with our friend @thedeeperlivingeats to create this dreamy treat that’s perfect for any time of day! Plus this cutie cake is plant-based so we’re sure she’ll be a total crowd pleaser 😉
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
For the snack cake:
- 2 tbsp flaxseed powder
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp water
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup Strawberry Unsweetened cocojune
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the strawberry glaze
- ¼ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup freeze-dried strawberries, crushed
- 2 tbsp Strawberry Unsweetened cocojune
- Pinch of salt
How to make:
For the cake:
- Make your flax egg: In a small bowl stir together the flaxseed powder and water until fully combined. Set aside and let it rest, it will thicken up in a few minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Grease and line an 8-inch cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Give everything a good whisk and set aside.
- In another large bowl, add the white sugar and the thickened flaxseed mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the Strawberry Unsweetened cocojune, vegetable oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and gently mix everything in until no dry pockets remain.
- Pour the cake batter into the lined pan and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. The top should be golden brown and a cake tester should come out clean.
- Once baked, let the cake cool in the pan for about 20 minutes.
Make the glaze and assemble:
- While this cake cools you can make the dreamy strawberry glaze.
- Defrost the frozen strawberries using a microwave or your stovetop.
- In a bowl whisk the softened strawberries, powdered sugar, crushed freeze-dried strawberries, Strawberry Unsweetened cocojune, and a pinch of salt. You can whisk this together for a chunky glaze or you can blitz it up in your blender for a smooth glaze.
- Invert the cooled cake onto your desired plate and remove the parchment paper.
- Pour the glaze on top of the cake and smooth it out using a spatula or the back of the spoon.
- Top with more crushed freeze-dried strawberries, flaky salt, and edible flowers.
- Slice and enjoy! Best enjoyed fresh but this cake will stay for about 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.