Zesty Lemon CakeApril 6, 2023
Spring has sprung and all we can think about is this stunnin’ lemon cake made by our friend @michellek23_ 🌞🍋 Pure coconut and lemon elderflower junes are the star of the show in this cake and we’re 1000% sure she’ll be a people pleaser at your next picnic!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
For the cake:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/3 cup pure coconut cocojune
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
For the icing:
- 4 x 4 oz containers of lemon elderflower cocojune
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- splash of maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp of turmeric (for color)
HOW TO MAKE
- In a bowl, combine your wet ingredients and mix together well.
- Fold in your dry ingredients without over-mixing. The batter should be bubbly.
- Separate the batter into three 6-inch cake pans. Bake at 350 for 20-30 min until the cake is cooked through. When the edges are slightly brown, it’s ready!
- Add all icing ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined.
- Let your cake cool and spread the frosting on each layer.
- Slice and enjoy 🙂