cocojune x Acid League Poached PearsNovember 18, 2021
This poached pear plate is on repeat right now. But don’t worry; we’re not getting wine-soaked for breakfast. This pear just went swimming in a combo of Acid League’s (alcohol-free) Pastiche Wine Proxy and warming winter spices 🙂
Serves: 2 plates
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 pear, peeled, halved, and cored
- 1 bottle of Acid League Pastiche
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cardamom pod
- 2 x 4 oz containers strawberry rhubarb cocojune
- 4 oz granola of your choice
- date syrup
HOW TO MAKE
- In a sauce pot, combine the Acid League Pastiche with your sugar, vanilla bean, cinnamon stick, and cardamom pod.
- Gently place both halves of your pear into the liquid and bring the pot up to a simmer over low heat.
- Let the pear cook until you can pass a knife into the flesh without hitting any resistance – this will occur between 10 and 15 minutes after the liquid reaches a boil.
- Transfer your poached pears onto a wire rack or plate to cool.
- Serve them over a generous scoop of strawberry rhubarb cocojune, top with your favorite granola, and a drizzle of date syrup.