cocojune x FLOWERHEAD Tea CakeApril 7, 2022
This tea cake FLOWERHEAD Tea made is almost too pretty to eat… We’re thinking we need to get this picture framed!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ baking powder & ½ baking soda
- 2 eggs or the equivalent egg substitute
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vanilla chamomile cocojune
- 2 tbsp FLOWERHEAD earl grey loose leaf tea
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp demerara sugar
- ¼ cup lemon elderflower cocojune
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- juice from half of lemon
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat your oven to 325F. Lightly coat a 9×5 loaf pan with vegetable oil and line with parchment paper.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the egg or egg substitute and sugar. Then whisk in vanilla chamomile cocojune, loose-leaf FLOWERHEAD earl grey tea, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually stream in 1 cup of vegetable oil, whisking constantly. Add dry ingredients and mix to combine, scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Sprinkle the top with demerara sugar. Bake cake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, should be about an hour.
- Make the glaze by whisking ¼ cup lemon elderflower cocojune with powdered sugar and lemon juice. Add more powdered sugar if you like a thicker glaze.
- Once your cake is baked let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove the cake and drizzle the glaze on top once it is completely cool.
- Slice and serve with a cup of earl grey tea!