Savory Chickpea Toast with Raw Garlic JuneJune 24, 2021
Once you’ve got the basics of yogurt toast down, there are so many flavors and combinations to play around with.
This savory spin with tahini, chickpeas and spicy raw garlic is on repeat right now since it makes a perfect breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Yield – 2 slices of topped toast
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2 thick slices of good bread, sourdough is best
- 1 4 oz container of pure coconut cocojune
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 heaping tbs of garlic, minced
- ½ lemon – ready to squeeze
- Salt and Pepper
HOW TO MAKE
- Start by draining the liquid from your chickpeas, and grating 1 whole carrot into a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a pan until glistening and add the chickpeas, carrots smoked paprika and cumin.
- Saute until the chickpeas are tender and the spices are fragrant – taste them and add salt and pepper to your preference.
- In a small bowl, season your pure coconut coocjune with a pinch of salt, the minced garlic and a squeeze of lemon juice; mix it well.
- Toast your bread lightly and spread each slice with a thin layer of tahini.
- Dollop your yogurt mixture onto the toast and spread it out evenly.
- Top with warm savory chickpeas and garnish with some fresh parsley or cracked sea salt.