Topped French ToastJuly 20, 2021
Pancake v Waffle discourse is old news.
This is a French Toast stan account and we have zero regrets.
Yield – a single serving, easily doubled
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 4 slices of thickly sliced sourdough bread
- 1 cup of JUST Egg egg replacer
- ½ cup of your favorite plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp + cinnamon
- So much cocojune, maple and fresh fruit for topping
HOW TO MAKE
- In a large and shallow dish, combine the JUST Egg, plant milk, vanilla, maple syrup and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and grease with whatever oil you prefer.
- Soak each slice of bread on both sides, setting them in the pan and allowing them to sit, unmoved so they can develop a beautiful golden brown crust. Then flip them over and repeat on the other side.
- To serve up this brunchy landscape, remember to add mountains of cocojune, rivers of maple syrup and blustery berry bluffs as you go.